advice on panasonic 42g20b grade a refurbished @ £379 ?

nigelthepelican

Standard Member
Marks and sparks have a panasonic 42g20b grade A refurbished set @ £379. Can anyone advise whether:
a) Manufacturer refurbs are ok or are they generally rubbish (the assistant said it could be something as simple as a missing remote when the set was first sold)
b) the g20b is a good set ?

All help appreciated

Last edited:

ard126k

Novice Member
Don't know about refurbs but I've had a G20 for nearly a year and I'm very happy with it. There have been reports of Panasonics having trouble displaying iPlayer (don't use that myself) but a new software download seems to have cured it.
The most disappointing 'feature' about the set is that if you connect a sound system the output sound doesn't mute when the TV sound does! Maddening when the phone rings!
Picture is great though.
Alex.

knunn52

Standard Member
It could mean anything they want but as a general rule it should have no cosmetic damage and be in a as new condition, as it being sold.with a warranty? If so its a good sign that its a grade a. the assistant was right but not limited to major faults that have been repaired but as I said before being sold in a as new condition with warranty

Trist

nigelthepelican said:
Marks and sparks have a panasonic 42g20b grade A refurbished set @ £379. Can anyone advise whether:
a) Manufacturer refurbs are ok or are they generally rubbish (the assistant said it could be something as simple as a missing remote when the set was first sold)
b) the g20b is a good set ?

All help appreciated
Sounds like an excellent price for a very highly rated set. Check out some online reviews, for the price it sounds a decent deal to me.

This years equivalent model is the G30 which I just paid £600 for at Richer Sounds brand new. A £220 saving is not to be sniffed at if you are fine with it being a refurb.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: New TVs, Samsung Q800T Soundbar review, IFA latest, Movie and AV News, B+W Brad Pitt
Top Bottom