Question Advice on pairing Panasonic UB820 or Sony x700 to projector or TV

ajdornier

Novice Member
Hi everyone -

I have an Epson HC3800 projector that is currently used with a Sony x700 4K player (by way of an Onkyo NR-686). The player has Dolby Vision turned off since the HC3800 can only do HDR10. This is set up in a dark room in the basement using a 92” screen and is where i more often than not watch my physical media.

I just bought a 55” LG Nano86 for the upstairs living room and also a Panasonic UB820. I’m pondering using the x700 (and having Dolby Vision turned on all the time) for the TV and using the UB820 for the projector instead, thinking that it might bring the best out of the projector as I’ve read that the UB820 provides a much better picture processing. However I’m wondering if that’s a waste since the UB820 can auto-switch between Dolby Vision and non-DV material and might be better off with my TV instead. I really don’t want to have to keep changing the settings on the x700.

Looking for some insight from the folks in this forum to help me decide :). Thanks in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom