Advice on old projector please

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackuzi

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have aquired a Proxima DP2800. I have a couple of problems with it.

The picture is not colour perfect...it's very blue. Would this suggest one or more of the LCD panel are not working?

The is a sort of small shadow/blob in the projected image. Is this a burn on the lamp?

Any ideas on the cost of getting this projector back to working order and if not what it may be worth to someone if I were to sell it.

Cheers

Glen

Try reposting here and you should get a better response.

I don't know about the Proxima DP2800 but some LCD protectors do have colour balance controls to overcome minor colour inbalances, does this one?

Why is this in the classifieds forum?!
Moving it to the CRT forum.

Why is this in the classifieds forum?!

Sorry, I put it in the classifieds because I also wanted to see if anyone would post offers for it.

Uzi

Difficult to say without seeing the image, but you've probably either got the red, green and blue lenses out of line (fixed with a lot of patience and a small screwdriver), or one of the panels is broken. If it's out of warranty and a panel has gone then it's a very expensive repair job - at least £500, probably nearer £1k. But if it's not out of warranty the warranty should cover it.

The blob is probably just dirt on the lens... is it a 'digital' blob (ie square edges) or is it just a splodge?!

Originally posted by radiostar
Difficult to say without seeing the image, but you've probably either got the red, green and blue lenses out of line (fixed with a lot of patience and a small screwdriver), or one of the panels is broken.

The blob is probably just dirt on the lens... is it a 'digital' blob (ie square edges) or is it just a splodge?!

Thanks all for the replies..

Radiostar -

Would it be easy to tell if one of the panels is broken?

The blob is more like a burn? I could describe it like a dirty burn from a candle ?? (sorry it's a bit of a weird explanation)

How easy is it to clean this unit? Is it a dismantle job?

Cheers

It is a bit of a job - you'll see the three LCDs and lenses if you take the cover off the projector. The burn mark is probably debris on one of the lenses or on the prism. If you don't know your way around electronics, don't do it!

If the panels are out of line then you'll see a bit of ghosting (ie. the red image will appear slightly off the green/blue images and you'll get a fuzziness or ghosting depending on how much). If you simply get a total absence of one colour (eg. red appears black) then it's probably because an LCD panel has gone, or perhaps become disconnected. I'm not technical enough to tell you exactly which.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom