Advice On New TV

brokenamp

If it's reassuring, I've owned the 9505 and a Sony OLED. Even with a pretty dim lamp on, I can't see any issues with the blacks on the 9505 in normal HDR viewing. I can very occasionally spot an artefact that may be blooming - but I have to look for it, and without an OLED side by side it's hard to know if it's blooming or in the original material.

flymi

Standard Member
If it's reassuring, I've owned the 9505 and a Sony OLED. Even with a pretty dim lamp on, I can't see any issues with the blacks on the 9505 in normal HDR viewing. I can very occasionally spot an artefact that may be blooming - but I have to look for it, and without an OLED side by side it's hard to know if it's blooming or in the original material.

Great to hear, thanks! Having always had LCD, and never having watched an OLED except in store I doubt ill even noticed tbh. Looking forward to getting it set up next week.

I've managed to persuade myself I need a soundbar aswel now though! 😂

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
@vickster @Dodgexander

I'm very close to hitting order on the 9505, will the lack of hdmi 2.1 be an issue for the ps5 or is it likely to be fine? Only thing holding me back.

Not at all. My lads use the XH95 for their PS5 and sometimes their Switch and it looks awesome. There is very little out there that warrants having 2.1 now or for the foreseeable future anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom