Advice on New System for an Audio Rookie

Jonas Mac

Novice Member
I am re-entering the world of hifi , having last bought a system in the 1980,s and would appreciate help in getting a new system .
Most of my current listening is mainly to music on BBC Radio 3 and Classic FM but also enjoy listening to stations in America , France + Ireland on an iPad . I would love also to be re aquatinted with my vinyl + cd collection .
I notice ( as I get older ) i don't often turn the volume up veryloud , and I appreciate a more immediate /present type of sound .
With my listening space it would help if there were not too many separates in my new system .
My budget is a max of £800.00.
I would appreciate any help/steer from the forum on achieving a satisfying sound within my budget .

Jonas Mac

gava

Do you still have a turntable & CD player?

muljao

Project do a very nice turntable/amp/Bluetooth setup for about 500 euro Home review

add a set of good speakers (I'd say q acoustics 3030i) and keep your ipad to feed your radio stations via Bluetooth, doubt you'd go wrong

Jonas Mac

Novice Member
Project do a very nice turntable/amp/Bluetooth setup for about 500 euro Home review

add a set of good speakers (I'd say q acoustics 3030i) and keep your ipad to feed your radio stations via Bluetooth, doubt you'd go wrong
I would still need to add a cd player with your proposed system ?
Thanks for the interesting response - I will check it out.

muljao

I would still need to add a cd player with your proposed system ?
Thanks for the interesting response - I will check it out.
I missed the bit completely about CD, sorry. Look at the q acoustics m20 powered speakers for about 400, (amp and speakers and Bluetooth covered)that allows you 200 approx for a CD player and a turntable, marantz do cd5005 for about 200 and project and audio Technica do well reviewed turntables with built in photo stages also for around 200

daddy999

I would look at the Rega IO turntable, Amp and speaker bundle. You always get a CD player later and doubtless the Rega set up will impress…. They usually do.

its about £1000-ish, so slightly over budget though.

Good luck.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom