Question Advice on new quiet/silent PC - budget around £2,500

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Thanks, I suppose the question I'm asking is can I have the fans software controlled but also controlled by the switch on the case or is it a one or the other situation?
Unless you can connect the switch on the case to the motherboard, one or the other

pcaddy

I'm like you wasn't really interested in liquid cooling, my two choices were the Noctua D15 Chromax or Be Quite Dark Rock Pro 4 as the Noctua were sold out at the time I got the Be Quite, it works well and keeps my Ryzen 5800X well under control when gaming to around the mid 50s C. Also the only thing that could ever go wrong with it would be a fan failure of which there are two. Be quiet is correct too it is very quiet hard to believe and the fans hardly ever ramp up. Well happy with this cooler. :)

guest7789

I'm like you wasn't really interested in liquid cooling, my two choices were the Noctua D15 Chromax or Be Quite Dark Rock Pro 4 as the Noctua were sold out at the time I got the Be Quite, it works well and keeps my Ryzen 5800X well under control when gaming to around the mid 50s C. Also the only thing that could ever go wrong with it would be a fan failure of which there are two. Be quiet is correct too it is very quiet hard to believe and the fans hardly ever ramp up. Well happy with this cooler. :)
Thanks for the feedback, the D15S only comes with one fan, so I might ask to have another one too.

pcaddy

I should have put NH D15 Chromax Black to give it it's full title. That one comes with two fans, my bad sorry.

guest7789

I should have put NH D15 Chromax Black to give it it's full title. That one comes with two fans, my bad sorry.
No worries, I was aware the D15 came with 2 fans! I went for the D15S chromax just in case there are clearance issues with the ram.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom