Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Advice on my VGA options with 360 & plasma

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by snakeeater, Aug 20, 2005.

1. snakeeater

snakeeater
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Panny 42" plasma tv. Currently I have everything going through a jstech rgb > vga box which takes up the built in vga port on my plasma.

However come November I will have another device fighting for a lovely vga connection to my plasma......the XBox360!

As far as I can tell Ive got 2 options:

1) Buy a second vga board for my plasma from AV-Sales (£70.01)
    http://www.av-sales.com/proddetail.php?prod=Panasonic-TY-42TM6PB&cat=215&nav=16

or

2) Buy a dedicated vga switcher

What would you guys suggest, Im tending to sway with getting a second vga board at the moment but Im still undecided?

EDIT: Also does anyone know what the standard length of the supplied xbox360 vga cable will be? Ive been told its 8ft. Can anyone confirm this?

2. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    No component input? If there is, then you're sorted - seeing as a component switcher or AV processor/amp will let you connect a DVD player through it's best output too. Forget SCART - doesn't do progressive, only interlaced.

3. shaithis

shaithis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Personally, I will be goiing with the VGA adaptor, but then I bought one a while ago on impulse and was regretting it up until I saw the XBox360 details :D

In my experiences, VGA switchers can be bad, causing interference. The better (powered) ones seem to cost more then the VGA add-in card though :eek: so you may be better off going with the VGA add-in unless someone can come up with a GOOD, cheap KVM/VGA switcher.

4. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    Apparently the 360 will only output 1024x720 on the VGA, so the component's 1280x720 might not be the best soultion after all, given the Plasma willhave to scale the image to fit it's 1024 horizontal resolution.