Advice on Mustec DVB-T202

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Gordon Briggs, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Gordon Briggs

Gordon Briggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have just ordered a combined Freeview box and DVD player, the Mustek DVB-T202 and wondered if anyone out there has experience of this product, also does the component out work with the freeview output, and is it a good buy at £79.

Thanks

Gordon

2. Gordon Briggs

Gordon Briggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    ........looks like no one has this product, as this is my first posting on this forum I hope my next "plea for help" bears more fruit!!

3. StevieDvd

StevieDvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    Well I have one though I have not used the component outs.

Freeview software is very smart but I often get a momentary 'missing signal' message on the screen when changing channels.

To be honest as it's a dvd player & freeview for the bedroom only it does the job.

Being Mustek I thought the firmware would be updated a bit more than some other makes (i.e some of the others never update and Mustek would hopefully).

I emailed support for the latest firmware which was 1.15 back in July when I asked but I haven't got round to finding it on the web or even checking what is currently installed. Basicall while it's working I'll leave it.

4. Gordon Briggs

Gordon Briggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for your reply Stevie, yes I want it to go with my new Phillips 17" widescreen TFT TV in the bedroom. The reason I went for that one was because I didn't want two boxes under the TV, and the choice seemed fairly limited.

Thanks again for your observations.

Cheers,

Gordon. :smashin: