Question Advice on listening to music on the go

moley27

Novice Member
Reaction score
Ive spent the best part of a year, probably longer, burning my CD collection onto my laptop. I use MediaMonkey to organise my collection. I have 200GB of music, most are flac files. Originally I bought a Astell & Kern hi definition music player so I can listen on the go. Unfortunately the player was stolen so I no longer have it.

So after hours procrastinating I decided to buy a 250GB microSDcard, install MusicMonkey on my Samsung Galaxy S8 phone and listen this way, its not worked. Ive tried to copy/past to the SDcard and Ive used MediaMonkeys syncing several times. Each time large chunks of data/music has not synced.

Any suggestions? will I have to buy another expensive music player? I use free Spotify to listen to new music, but most of my music collection is pretty obscure. I also use Sonos speakers in my house.

I should also mention Im old school so go easy on any techy stuff please :)

Thanks for reading
Moley

Are the files missing from the SD card, or just from your music app?

If you're a Windows user, you might just be able to drag and drop your files to the SD card, either by inserting the card into your pc, or into your phone and plugging your phone into the pc.

Might be worth trying a different Android music playing application to see if the files show up there too, there are plenty available - Poweramp, GoneMad Music Player, etc.

i use Play music app on my galaxy A5 phone. may not be as slick as media monkey but it does the job
i transfer all my music to the phone using the smart switch app
it could be a formatting issue. maybe format the SDcard in the phone and then transfer over with smart switch?

i'm actually in the throes of ripping my CD collection. taking long enough, and i'm only ripping to 320kbps.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom