Advice on LG GSA-4167B DVD/CD Rewriter Please

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by Woggy67, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Woggy67

Woggy67
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Around March 2006 I purchased a LG GSA-4167B DVD/CD Rewriter. Unfortunately due to many reasons it has sat in the box. I am now thinking of fitting it, but was looking for the latest firmware etc. and came across some criticism of the drive e.g. with power problems and being unable to burn to certain discs etc. :confused:

LG GSA-4167B problems - Club CDFreaks - Knowledge is Power

LG GSA-4167B Reviews

Hence I wondered if someone would be able to advise if this drive is ok and suitable for a non 'techie' person like myself.

Chances are I will only be using the drive for backing up data e.g photos to disc, burning music CDs, DVDs of family video etc. I really don't need the hassle if it is going to be trouble or complicated to keep working. I just want something that works well when I need it (I guess that is what we all want -LOL).

With that in mind any advice gratefully received, even if it is to say 'stick it on ebay and buy ?? model'.

Thanks in advance.

2. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Install it, solid drive, LG Drives are always top quality, just unplug your existing cd/dvd drive and replace with this, there are a few choices of software to use with it

Roxio Creator 2009 - Overview