1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on leads and cable for new Denon 2802 and Mission M70 Speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by fatbob10, Jun 20, 2003.

1. fatbob10

fatbob10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would appreciate advice on the appropriate leads to connect a Denon 2802 to a Pioneer DV350 . Am a serious novice here. I assume you also connect your Satellite box and VHS recorder to the AMP using a similar method to that of the DVD? Where's the best place to purchase these leads?

Also, speaker cable - what cable would be good without spending the earth and where would you get it?

Realistically my total spend on cables/leads would be about £100 - I reckon on about 20 metres of cable .

thanks to anyone who responds - appreciate it.

2. Mitch2000

Mitch2000
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need a Digital Coax or Optical cable from DVD to Reciever (QED Qunex P75 - 1 Metre or QED Qunex P75 - 0.5 metres)
    Maybe the same optical from sat box if it has a digital out or a phono cable from sat box if there is no digital output.
    For the Video you'll need 1 or 2 Phono cables from and to reciever depending if you want to record music on to VHS (QED Qunex P75 - 0.5 metres).
    Speaker wire - QED original £2.25 /M or £4.50 for bi-wire
    All available from hifistore.co.uk. Not sure if theirs are the best prices but their competetive.
    Also consider the THOR cables from maplin.co.uk
    I'm sure many other can recommend something different but I think you can get the lost for about £100.

3. Chris Tr

Chris Tr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am going to get the flak flying here butttttt,

I believe its a lot of Myth concerning cables. I've done a lot
    of reading through these forums etc. But it all comes down to
    human eyes and ears, which get worse as time goes on.

I have tried several types of speaker wire and can not hear a difference between them, so long as they are thick enough.

I have got Maplins own Hi Fi speaker cable which cost £40 for 100 meters. which is about twice to three times the actual thickness
    required. which works out at 40p a meter.

All you really need is the maplins heavy duty speaker wire which is
    on offer at the mo, its less than half the price.

As for scart cables. I bought a cable from homebase. cost £5
    its fully wired and all wires are individually screaned, plus its gold
    plated. I compiared this with a £30 Thor cable, which really looks the Biz. But I could not see any difference between them. This was on my Sony KV36fs76. So I am using the cheap one.

Digital interconnect. I bought good cable and plugs from Maplins.
    Made it up myself, and I think its better than the the QED P75.
    But any well made digital interconnect will do.

You dont have to take my word, you can spend a fortune on cables if you want. But I believe you would be just wasting your money.

Cheers

Chris Tr

4. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Try here: www.hificables.co.uk

You can't go wrong with some of the cheap QED cables like Micro speaker wire, QNect 1 for Sky and VCR and Qunex P75 from Pioneer to Denon for DVD audio. Look around for similar products from other makers too.
    There is TONS of choice out there, but not a lot of difference in each price bracket at the budget end. Get hooked up and watching films asap.
    :smashin: