Advice on large tv for bright room

gmorrow

Standard Member
Hello, I have a large living room with a big portrait window that will be opposite of the tv. So it will be a bright room. So with that said I believe plasma is out. I am looking at either the Samsung 55" D8000 3D LED TV or the 60" sharp quattron 3D LED. I'm wondering which will provide a sharper clearer picture for watching sports, some movies through apple TV, and the occasional blu-ray. Assumed all are hooked up via HDMI. any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm upgrading from an old Sony 42" projection LCD.

gmorrow

Standard Member
gmorrow said:
Hello, I have a large living room with a big portrait window that will be opposite of the tv. So it will be a bright room. So with that said I believe plasma is out. I am looking at either the Samsung 55" D8000 3D LED TV or the 60" sharp quattron 3D LED. I'm wondering which will provide a sharper clearer picture for watching sports, some movies through apple TV, and the occasional blu-ray. Assumed all are hooked up via HDMI. any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm upgrading from an old Sony 42" projection LCD.

Sorry. Forgot to mention I will be playing Xbox on the tv as well.

gmorrow

Standard Member
gmorrow said:

I will also be playing xbox on it as well. Thanks.

AlandEi

Be aware that some LCD models also have high gloss screens that will reflect, not sure about the large Samsung, but the smaller ones are.

Alan.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom