Advice on Kenwood Turntable P-26

NCV12

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I’ve recently found an Kenwood P-26 Turntable and i was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with setting up, What styluses would you recommend me to use for it and what speakers would you recommend for it as the turntable only has red & white input cables that is attached to it.

any advice will be appreciated

Hello Everyone, I’ve recently found an Kenwood P-26 Turntable and i was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with setting up, What styluses would you recommend me to use for it and what speakers would you recommend for it as the turntable only has red & white input cables that is attached to it.

any advice will be appreciated

They are not inputs but outputs. Will require an amp with phono input or a phono preamp, then speakers etc.

A quick google suggests this is a fixed cartridge system and does not have the usual two bolt attachment. It is also pretty bargain basement so probably not worth sending on upgrading the cartridge anyway.

There are replacement stylus on eBay from £12.50 for a spherical/conical, other adverts suggest the AT3600 is compatible so you could upgrade to the £30 elliptical stylus but that’s about as far as I would go.

This also looks like it was part of a stack system and you will either need active speakers with a phono input (search Edifier around £150-200 iirc) or an amplifier with a phono input plus passive speakers to make it work. Old Nad (model 302 for example) or Rotel (RA850 maybe) can be had fairly cheaply. As for speakers it really is down to personal preference, room size, placement and budget (around £150 for amp and speakers can get something that sounds half decent sound if the eBay fairy is good to you).

Hooe this helps.

What amp would you recommend and speakers?

How long is a piece of string?

Only you know your proposed budget.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom