1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on IEE Regs 2005.

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by dann, Mar 29, 2005.

1. dann

dann
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi There,

I plan to run a power cable from my plasma though conduit buried in my wall then out though a flex outlet plate then connecting to a mains socket (see pic).
    I have a couple of questions:
    1. Is this a job you would recommend for a sparky (baring in mind I plan just to thread the cable though the outlet plate,& put a plug on afterwards).
    2. If I do it would it need certification.
    3. The cable has a removable ferrite core & what looks like 2 moulded ones on each end, does anyone know what the moulded ones are & can I buy them, as I will need to remove one to thread the cable though the conduit.
    4. Does anyone have any better Ideas?

Thanks for your time. Sorry about the Pic, but you will get the idea!

Dan

Attached Files:

2. Peridot

Peridot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
    As you're not interfering with any fixed wiring you don't need to worry about Building Regulations. If you're happy wiring a plug then a professional isn't going to add much value.

The ferrites are available here. However if you retain the one at the screen end, I wouldn't worry too much about removing the one at the 3-pin plug end.

3. dann

dann
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Peridot,
    Thanks for your reply, I have some spare ferrites from when I got the TV, So I can use them, I just thought the moulded ones might be something else, But you have answered that for me.

Thanks for your help.

Dan