Advice on how to wire 6 ceiling speakers to one amplfier

rags

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I currently have 4 ceiling speakers installed in my living room which are wired back to a Sonos Connect amp. The speakers are Revel 783s which are 8 ohm impedance.

The living room is fairly large and has high ceilings (measures about 11m x 7m x 3m) and whilst the current amp and speakers do a reasonable job (I also have a Sonos sub in the room) I would like to add another pair of speakers and upgrade the Connect Amp to the new Amp which is more powerful and I believe can handle running 6 speakers simultaneously.

Currently all four speakers are wired individually back to the connect amp so there are effectively 4 pairs of speaker wire going into the binding posts of the amp. The speakers are installed towards the four corners of the room (the front two are a pair and the rear two another pair). I would like to add another pair in between the existing speakers but dont have the luxury of wiring them back to the amplifier so I need to chain them off the existing speakers. Can someone please advise the options to do this and what you would recommend?

Thank you

The current layout is like in this picture. I would like to add two speakers in the middle of the room along the same plane as the current ones
In-ceiling-2.jpg

SONOS show how to connect Six (same impedance) speakers in Parallel (all home run) to an Amp but no mention of how to wire in ‘Series’ (daisy chain).

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom