Advice On HDMI 2.1 Cables for Sony A90J & Onkyo TX-RZ50

whoster69

Standard Member
I've just purchased an Onkyo TX-RZ50 and I'm getting ready to buy an 83" Sony A90J. I'd like to know what HDMI cables people recommend for this setup. I will be hooking up an NVIDIA Shield TV box, a Fire TV Cube, an Oppo DVD player and a Samsung BluRay via HDMI as well.

Thank you in advance.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Use whatever cables you already have and unless you see some very obvious problems (no signal, intermittent signal, sparkles, weird colours) there is no need to change your cables.

If you do need to replace cables look for Ultra High Speed (UHS) certified cables - CYP - The Media Factory

Cable length is often the main issue if you are trying to push high bandwidth signals over HDMI cables - once you get out past 5m you need to consider a Hybrid Fibre option - HDFury Fiber HDMI cable - The Media Factory

Joe

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Only just spotted you are in the US.

If it turns out you do require any new cables look for an UHS certified cable and ignore any mention of HDMI Version numbers.

The official certification, label etc are shown here - HDMI Cables - Different Cable Types

Joe

Captain Ron

Distinguished Member
Check the certification badge on HDMI.org as well. There are lots of fakes using bogus certificates.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom