1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on HD TVs

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by TobyJoe, Aug 16, 2005.

Tags:
  1. TobyJoe

TobyJoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya: I currently have £2000 burning a hole in my pocket and am wanting to buy a LCD HD 32" TV, ready for the good old Xbox 360. I don't know a great deal about what to look for so was just hoping for some advice and any recommendations welcome.

TIA :smashin: :smashin:

2. craigdyer

craigdyer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Recomendation would be the Hitachi 32LD7200 has lots of sockets that will take the XBOX360 and is HD ready and has recieved very good reviews. :)

3. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    £2K buys you a multitude of options, aside from purely size. There's 32" - 40" within your budget, possibly even a 42" from Sony in the next month and a bit.
    If you can sit tight for a wee while longer, then pretty much all that's going to be released by everyone by way of new models will be out and you can then start whittling down the numbers.
    Personal favs for me would be Sharp, JVC, and Loewe - the latter is a high end unit, with a price tag to match.
    37" Sharp and JVC for £1700 ish, Samsung 40" for £1600 ish. Loewe 37" - £2K+ depending on model.
    Sony's 42 V series MAY come in at just under £2K - we'll know around late Sept/early Oct time.

As per above posting - Hitachi has been receiving a fair bit of praise, so that's a potential, if they have a 37", which presumes you've the space for one that size. If not, then 32's all round will be a lot cheaper, with the exception of some Loewe ones - their best models namely.

4. TobyJoe

TobyJoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great thanks for the help. :thumbsup: