1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on HD Audio Recorder units needed...

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by funkster, Mar 3, 2003.

1. funkster

funkster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone,

I really need some help here....

I have this dream of a unit in my lounge which has a hard drive that is able to directly encode any audio feed through a 'line-in' - either from my sky digibox (from the digital radio stations I can pick up on it) or fm stereo (would be good if this was built in, not not essential)...

The unit would also have a cd player and cd burner, so I could record the music from sky digital radio stations onto my hard drive and then burn to a cd.... (burner isn't essential either, but would be nice, so I could take the music elsewhere to play)

I'm also wanting 2 tall powerful speakers, not too expensive, to use in conjunction with this unit...

Can anyone advise me on this, and tell me whether this is possible?

--

I even thought of buying one of the following, http://www.archos.com/lang=en//products/prw_500282_specs.html and using it in conjunction with an amplifier and having it as my main system so I can download music on my PC and play it downstairs as it's mobile, but seeing as this unit is new, I thought it may still be a bit 'buggy'...and it's not really what I'm looking for as a main system in my lounge... However, this says it can even play movies downloaded from the internet in DIVx format, on your TV!!

I REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE ON SORTING MYSELF OUT WITH A NICE TIDY SYSTEM DOWNSTAIRS FOR PARTIES - IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME OUT HERE I'D BE VERY VERY GRATEFUL!!

A CD mixer would be a nice add-on as well, but thats another story!!!

I have about £1000 to spend

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out in any way here

Steve

2. funkster

funkster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just found this: -

Perception Hercules 40GB
    (HD Recorder)

[​IMG]

£349 .95
    SAVE £250
    TSP £599.95
    BRAND NEW BOXED

Converts CDs to MP3s, storing them on the HD. Storage capacity approximately 1000 CDs, with the CDDB (CD database) for immediate song/artist recognition. Will convert any line-in audio source, such as MD, cassette and vinyl. Plays CD/CD-R/MP3 discs. Built- in Gracenote facility with more than 600,000 CD titles for automatic song recognition.

What does everyone think?

OR what about this..?

Yamaha CDRHD1300
    BLACK

[​IMG]

£ Call
    SAVE £££'s
    TSP £699.95
    BRAND NEW BOXED

120 hours of music without once getting up to change a cd - your party will run dry well before this cracker does! Create your own albums (up to 999 of them!) HDD recording, large capacity, multiple inputs, 10x rip speed, 8x write speed to CDR, 4x write speed to CDRW, 80Gb capacity.

Can anyone give any advice on these?

3. ISHANTY

ISHANTY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    the yammy is the one and u can change the hard drive yourself u can get it a www.richersounds.co.uk for £480

4. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Firstly,Steve,please see the forum rules re posting pics from outside sites...this relates to Rule 9 of the forum,and asks you not to post pics like those in your message.

As to your question,it may be worth your while giving the folks at www.uvem.com a look...they may well have an answer to your requirements.

5. ISHANTY

ISHANTY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    the yammy is the one and u can change the hard drive yourself u can get it a www.richersounds.co.uk for £480. im interested in this one myself it is still the only one for me

6. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +300
  7. funkster

funkster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alexs2 - Sorry about the pictures, it won't happen again.

Ishanty - I think this is the system for me! Does it come in silver and have you seen it anywhere else other than Richer Sounds?

JSW - Link doesn't work - what is it?

Thanks for your replies people, please keep them coming, you're being a big help

8. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +300
    Works fine for me ???

Try this LINK

9. funkster

funkster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers JSW, worked that time - looks a bit too technical for me though....not sure I need all that added functionality...

10. funkster

funkster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are there any other HD recorders around with a built in cd burner, or is the Yamaha the only one on the market?

11. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +300
    Go and listen to one and I think you will change your mind.

12. funkster

funkster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's a bit out of my budget range, and stupid as it sounds, I'm after something silver really - to go with everything else in my lounge...

Does anyone know of any HD Player that supports playback of MP3 files - it doesn't have to have a cd burner...

13. martintyler

martintyler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How much do these things cost?

You read a lot about the picture quality of HCPC's, but what is the sound like for DD/DTS?