Advice on GPS PDA's please.

broona

Reaction score
My boss is after a reasonably cheap (less than £200) GPS setup, and I said I'd look into it for her.
Been looking at the Mio A201 here, is this any good? The ability to use it in either portrait or landscape mode looks great!
Also read that Holux stuff's good, found this kit on Ebay, would that be any good? Thanks.
thumbsup.gif

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
The Mio A201 looks like a nice PDA (Bluetooth but no WiFi, and perhaps a less powerful processor than the very newest models), but the basic price in your link excludes software:

"This PDA is sold without any bundled mapping software which allows total flexibility in selecting appropriate software for your particular application."

But then this package looks a very good price (£255.28 (£299.95 incl. VAT)) if you can stretch your budget. Anyone know how this software compares?

http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/mio-a201-with-miomap-v2-description.html

Mio A201 with MioMap V2 Overview

Mio TechnologiesCombing the new Mio A201 Pocket PC with integrated GPS and the latest mapping software from MioMap, Mio have developed a Sat Nav solution which rivals all the products currently on the market. The new and improved MioMap V2, based on MobileNavigator 5 from Navigon, provides complete Europe wide navigation on DVD with UK & Ireland pre-installed on a 512MB Secure Digital card. Simply insert the supplied SD card and perform a quick installation and you're ready to start navigating throughout the UK and Ireland.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom