1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on good amp for mission 774 speakers

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Mikey_J, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Mikey_J

Mikey_J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First off i would like to apologise because i have posted something similar in the speakers forums, hope you dont mind!

Hey guys the title says it all really! I recently purchsed a set of mission 774 speakers, they have a rated input from 25-125 watts, an impedance of 4 ohms and a sensitivity of 90 dB/W, im looking to spend about 150 on an amp but i dont really know what i should be looking for, i am worried that if i get an underpowered amp i could damage the speakers through clipping.

When determining if an amp would be appropriate what should i look for? If i were to get a second hand rotel amp that had a rated 40 watts per channel how can i tell if that would fall into the catagory of "underpowed"?

I aint going to be playing music exeptionally loudly but it would be nice to be able to turn it up every now and the n :p

p.s. stereo amp only :)

Thanks in advance guys!

/Mike