• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Advice on foundations for an garden room (office)

• Thread starter Deleted member 161415
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 161415

I stared to build a deck frame but have now decided I would like to make half of the area a home office.

Attached picture gives some idea of what I am referring to (The posts appear wonky because they are not yet permanently attached to the fram of postcreted in - I just attached the frame loosely to keep if off the ground. While I built a separate step round the house.

The frame is about 4.8m wide and 4m deep (With a small corner cut off). I have now decided I would like to make half the deck a small home office circa 4.8m wide (Less the corner & 2.5 m deep). I’ll probably extend what is left of the deck at another point.

Due to cost & time I don’t want to have to go to the trouble of concrete slab or foundation screws. My preference would be to dig holes about 80cm deep at roughly 1m intervals, put half a breeze block at the bottom of the hole, then place 10cm by 10cm posts into the hole, fill up with postcrete and the attach the 15cm x 5cm frame to the posts.

For just a deck I am sure above would be fine, but can anybody say with reasonable certainty that these foundations would be enough to support the home office I would like to build.

thanks a lot
Mark

Attachments

• E7A37016-B66D-46DF-90B7-61EF1D72000C.jpeg
    E7A37016-B66D-46DF-90B7-61EF1D72000C.jpeg
    579 KB · Views: 70
Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom