Advice on fitting 42" plasma & cantilever mount to wall

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by pazaaam, Jan 15, 2008.

1. pazaaam

pazaaam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have a 42" Panny plasma (TH42PX70) and have just bought the Premier Mounts AM3 (http://www.avrabbit.com/product-Premier-am3-bk-plasma-wall-mount-584.html).

The mount weighs 25kg and is good for 41" - 61" screens, so can take the plasma. My worry is the wall and making sure the thing doesn't drop off! What is the best and most secure way? there are some bolts that come with the mount, but there are extra holes to add more bolts.

The wall is under currently construction. It is a bare breezeblock wall at the mo, but is having battons fixed and plasterboard over. I have heard of coach bolts that go through a breeze block then 'open out' to stop them slipping out (similar to stud wall rawl plugs?). Other advice has been to have extra battons on the wall so that the screws go through the plasterboard, then battons, then into the wall.

Given the weight, any advice or links to great bolts would be much appreciated.:lease:

2. Theowl

Theowl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If the option is there to add horizontal batons to the breeze block wall and the fix to those that would be the best option. It would spread the load more and give extra strength.

I would drill straight through the baton into the blocks and use masonry bolts long enough to go at least 5cm into the breeze blocks but if all the way through then even better.

B&Q or similar should be able to advise and supply the right bolts.

3. donald266

donald266

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Similar problem and advice welcomed. I have panasonic th37px7b with the 4 big fixing screws at each corner. Walls are going up in breezeblock so will be strong but would rather one of those cantaliver jobbys where all the fixings are in the middle. Is there a seperate plate that can attach to canatelver fixing and is there an option for the fixing + plate that doesn't cost the earth [the earth being defined as £150]. ???

Cheers for any advice, Donald

4. pazaaam

pazaaam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for help.

donald - not sure if you are looking for a whole mount? If so i would recommend premier mounts AM250. It is the next gen to the one I have fitted to a 37" Toshiba lcd and is solid as a rock. I added extra screws just to be sure. You can get it for £130 from AV Rabbit:

http://www.avrabbit.com/product-Premier-am250-plasma-wall-mount-442.html

Phil

5. donald266

donald266

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you very much Phil !

6. donald266

donald266

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Phil, checked it out, spoke to av rabbit who are open well into the night and in process of placing order. Nice one !