Question Advice on First Home Theatre Set Up Please

nidz22

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am new to this forum and I need advice to set up my first home theatre. My room is around 3.9 X 4 meter.I am from Australia and I won't be able to audition any of the following packages, however my choices are as follows.

1) Dali Zensor 1 5.1 package (AU$2000)If I order from UK, Otherwise $2450 from here.
2)Q acoustics 3000 cinema 5.0 package with either SVS PB 1000 sub or BK p12-300Sb (AU$2000)
which includes SUB price.
3)Monitor Audio Mass 5.0 with either SVS PB 1000 sub or BK p12-300Sb (AU$2000)which includes the SUB price.Again I have to order from UK.They don't sell the Mass anymore here.

Also, most probably my AV receiver would be either Denon AVR X2200w (AU$1135) or Marantz SR5010(AU$1400).I am going to use my speakers 90% for Movies/Tv and 10% for music.As there is no Hi-fi shops where I am living, so I won't be able to audition any of the above packages.Your valuable input will be really appreciated,so that I can have a cracking system for years to come.Thanks.

From the packages you mention I feel the Dali and QA speakers are probably slightly better than the Mass hence it would be one or the other of those. I would probably lean towards the QA package but mainly because you are getting a better sub. If you could get the Dali speakers with the SVS or BK sub for a similar price then I would probably lean more to that option.
You also need to factor in the cost of speaker stands and/or wall brackets for mounting the speakers (including the centre).

First of all, thank you PSM1 for your valuable advice.It all came into two options, dali or q acoustics. Do you think dali Zensor 1 with SVS or BK sub is much better than the dali package itself which will blow Q acoustics (with BK or SVS sub)out of the water when it comes to movies. Thanks in advance.

To be honest both speakers get great reviews so do not think there is a bad package between the 2. My impression is that the Dali may just pip it. However, as a first system both will give you a lot of joy I am sure. SVS and BK are both known for great subs whereas most subs from general speaker manufacturers tend to not be as good in the value for money stakes.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom