Advice on filming outdoor and climbing footage please!

R

rikB

Hello all!

I am a climber who would like to start filming outdoor and climbing related footage!!

I have never bought a camcorder before and therefore need some advice on what features to look out for and particular models which work best!

If anyone has any tips, suggestions or advice they would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Rik B

rickyt

Hi ,dont know much about climbing , but I've had a few camcorders .Some really nice cheap models around at the moment .I would start with miniDV but wouldn't go for an expensive camcorder if its going to out in the elements .My Panasonic is a very small camera that would be light enough to be mounted onto a helmet , have you thought about a bullet cam ??. If so you would need a camcorder with AV in .Not to sure about the quality of these things though .I noticed the other day Argos were having a end of catalogue sale and selling a JVC half price for £179 .Nice little starter cam for you .I'm sure some of the regular guy's will have some advice for you on the subject .Good luck with your purchase .

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom