1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on DVD Recording

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Paul Swires, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Paul Swires

Paul Swires

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My partner and I already own a Sony dual format DVD writer and he quite successfully authors and burns DVD's for our clients ( mainly wedding and small events ) We are however looking at a DVD set top recorder for my place. My questions are the following. Can I author a DVD on my PC using a standard authoring program like Uleads DVD Workshop then burn to the DVD recorder like I was burning to a writer. In other words I do not want to use the DVD recorders own features for menus and chapters etc as I have heard that these are generally not as powerful and flexible as those made from a PC ??? If this can be done then would a HDD/DVDR still be beneficial.

Regards

Paul Swires

2. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Hi

You can not author from a PC to any set-top recorder. You would need a PC Writer to achieve what you want.

Regards

Philip

3. Paul Swires

Paul Swires

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Philip. I read elsewhere that some new DVD Recorders for 2004 would have USB2 ports on them and was wondering if this might be for PC interfacing and might achieve my objective .... not quite sure ??

Paul Swires (South Africa)

4. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Hi

It remains to be seen if these ports would allow authoring, or would just be present for transfering MP3s, Images etc.

Regards

Philip