Advice on DVD Camcorder & Editing Software

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by taras, Mar 28, 2006.

1. taras

taras
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I currently have a Canon MVX3i & use Pinnacle 10.1 for editing. I must be one of the fortunate ones as my Pinnacle crashes very infrequently. I am looking to replace my canon with a similar spec machine that writes to DVD's (Any Suggestions) am I right in thinking that I cannot edit movies recorded on DVD's with Pinnacle, if I am right what software is recommended, I hear a lot about the Sony Vegas and the Adobe products, which is best and where is the best (cheapest) place to buy.

Thanks

2. senu

senu
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,811
    Have a look Here

Why do you wish to go from Mini DV to DVD? (Personal choice?)

Pinnacle Studio 10 can infact edit dvd files. The vob files can be renamed as mpeg if they initially seem difficult to import.

Sony Vegas Movie Studio and Premiere Elements can also import mpeg files but note that you should aim to use a program that will not re-encode mpeg that is unaltered by the editing as this is likely to degrade the final output
    The thread I linked above should explain this better

3. taras

taras
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Senu, thanks for the reply, I have looked at the link where the situation is fully explained, I think I will stay with what I have at present.

Mike