1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice on display type

Discussion in 'TVs' started by scottmlew, May 10, 2005.

1. scottmlew

scottmlew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum for this post, but it looked like the best match.

I will be installing a home theater system in a 15x13 room. Viewers will face the 13' long wall, and will probably be approx. 10' from the screen. The room gets "pretty dark" -- it has a window on the back wall with blinds, and never gets direct sunlight (most viewing will occur at night, anyways). There is a double-door entrance on the left-hand side of the room, and the adjoining room has blinds on all windows, so I expect minimal light to enter from the door area.

The system will be used mainly to watch DVDs, with a little bit of HDTV, and a tiny amount of regular-def TV.

What type of display technology do you think is best? And what screen size would you recommend?

Thanks for any and all advice!

2. poldoc

poldoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Optoma H57 is second to none for brightness and contrast, I have one in my basement, both DVD and SDTV look incredible...............I can't fault the projector. Go to a dealer and ask for a demonstration. Good Luck !