• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Advice on display settings

tintin_57

Hi

On my PC I have a Radeon 9600 3D Connect graphics card. The PC is a few years old now but I'm convinced the display isn't set up correctly as when I'm in Internet Explorer and try and page down the screen shimmers (thats my best description of it). Also when I drag windows around the screen they have a tail on them.

I've updated to the latest driver for the graphics card, clicked on smooth scrolling in IE settings and updated my driver for my AOC LM700 minitor but still the same.

The system is Windows XP Home, 1Gb RAM and Pentium 4 Processor on MSI K7 mainboard. Any ideas anyone has will be appreciated. It kind of drives me mad.

Cheers

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Bad driver install, I had the same problem with my Radeon 9800pro a couple of times.

Just uninstall the driver, reboot and then reinstall it. You could also try Driver Sweeper if you want to be sure it's gone.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom