1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on Denon 2910 or 3910 from Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by russ123, Oct 5, 2004.

1. russ123

russ123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    My sister is in Hong Kong on a business trip and I was wondering if it is worth asking her to look for either a 2910 or 3910 which I have my eye on. She knows nothing about av equipment. Is there anything specific I should ask her to check for? Looking at other posts there does not seem to be a compatability problem on formats etc compared to the UK and many appear to be MR out of the box. Expect it would be a LOT cheaper so wondering if it is worth a gamble of asking her to check prices from a reputable looking outlet. Anyone got any advice??? :thumbsup:

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    They do tend to be cheaper & MR out of the box there, but it will quite heavy for her to carry around & she'll probably get hit at customs with it under her arm. The main worry will be if Denon Uk don't have an international warranty if you have any problems with it. I suspect they don't.

3. russ123

russ123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    She got me a 2910 in the end and so far so good. Came with a UK 3 pin plug and even had the scart connector that the manual indicated was only on European models. Multi region as expected. Yet to see the cc bill but expect it worked out at £385ish. 3910 was also about 35% cheaper than the UK.

4. chez

chez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Did she bring it back with her or post it?

Did you have any problems with customs etc..?

I'm going to Hong Kong in March and am seriously considering some new kit...