Advice on cooling

It can be unless they are on at 100% by default otherwise they could be sticking at a certain %age depending on the fans you have.

I have PWM fans on CPU Heatsink and back exhaust and a profile set up for my GPU via MSI Afterburner.

Not sure if so widely used nowadays though maybe someone else could chime in that is more up to date.
Cool, il have a look tomorrow, cheers

How are you controlling the speed of the pump?

How are you controlling the speed of the pump?
Ive not changed or set anything with the pump, would this be done in bios or an app? Whenever i check HWMonitor the pump is usually 2k+ im sure

Ive not changed or set anything with the pump, would this be done in bios or an app? Whenever i check HWMonitor the pump is usually 2k+ im sure
Bios also worth changing the fan profiles in their.

Could be both but only one will be active. It is just worth making sure that the AIO pump is or can run at full speed when needed. Otherwise, you could have the fans flat out but if the coolant isn't being pumped quickly enough your temperatures will increase.

You haven't reinstalled the OS or anything have you?

What motherboard do you have? Mine is MSI and comes with Control Center where I can check and set up profiles for the CPU + fans connected to the other fan headers.

Since you ordered PWM fans setting up a profile will be nice, with custom fan profile in MSI I have to manually turn that on and off though.

Could be both but only one will be active. It is just worth making sure that the AIO pump is or can run at full speed when needed. Otherwise, you could have the fans flat out but if the coolant isn't being pumped quickly enough your temperatures will increase.

You haven't reinstalled the OS or anything have you?

I've installed AI Suite 3 and it looks like the AIO Pump is always running @ 100%. Ive not reinstalled THE OS recently, but the new office space is quite tight which doesn't help the temps, once I open the window though it's fine.

What motherboard do you have? Mine is MSI and comes with Control Center where I can check and set up profiles for the CPU + fans connected to the other fan headers.

Since you ordered PWM fans setting up a profile will be nice, with custom fan profile in MSI I have to manually turn that on and off though.

Ive looked at the fan xpert4 app within AI Suite and I can change the profiles for CPU and Chassis fans, they were at 10% @ 40c, 40% @ 60c and 100% @ 75c. I changed to 50% @ 50c, but not had any time to mess around with settings yet.

I've installed AI Suite 3 and it looks like the AIO Pump is always running @ 100%. Ive not reinstalled THE OS recently, but the new office space is quite tight which doesn't help the temps, once I open the window though it's fine.

Ive looked at the fan xpert4 app within AI Suite and I can change the profiles for CPU and Chassis fans, they were at 10% @ 40c, 40% @ 60c and 100% @ 75c. I changed to 50% @ 50c, but not had any time to mess around with settings yet.

At least you know you were getting the best cooling out of the AIO fans :)

Fan profiles are great to keep noise at a minimum when not gaming.

@mambo1888 Just thought id see how things were going with the system, all well I hope.

@mambo1888 Just thought id see how things were going with the system, all well I hope.
Hi mate, thanks. Everything has been running fine. Ive left my RGB lighting to be an indicator of temp so green under 75 and red if it is over 75. I’ve been doing quite a lot gaming recently and the RGB will stay green for the most part, and only go red for a second or two at a time once in a while.

Im pretty happy with how it’s running now, although I was still considering swapping the AIO from CM liquid lite 240 to Arctic Freezer ii 240, and making sure a decent thermal paste is used but I’m not convinced it’s worthwhile or not. Along with the temps the other problem was the noise and that has really improved with the new fans.

thanks again, appreciate all the help and advice:thumbsup:

Noise outside of gaming or whilst inside, if outside the fan curve profiles help immensely with that.

Noise outside of gaming or whilst inside, if outside the fan curve profiles help immensely with that.
It was a bit of both really, but yeah the fan curves mean its now silent when idle which is great as my wife uses the office during the day while working and I have the pc running next to her so i can use it in the living room, she has commented on how quiet it is now.

I've recently changed the side mount on my Lian from an exhaust to intake for my radiator and then the top 3 fans to exhaust instead of intake. CPU temps are down, meaning fans are quieter and it hasn't affected my GPU

ah nice, glad its going better :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom