Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Advice On Cabling My First Home Cinema Setup.

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Elmo, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Elmo

Elmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    A quite confused newbie needs some advice on how to cable and which cables would suit my system.

I have a 24inch WS Philips TV (Only Scart inputs)
    Pioneer DV444

I am going to purchase

Denon 1905 Reciever
    Canton CD1 Speakers

No I thought that I connected the DVD straight to the TV through a SCART and the DVD to Reciever with Digital Coax. However I have seen some info that says to send TV signal through reciever then to TV...

:rolleyes:

So could someone advise which way would be best to connect the equipment and I would kindly ask for some guidance on which cables would suit my equipment best. I dont mind paying for good cables but as my kit is not top end I guess some reasonable cables should be in order. I need speaker cables as well.

Thanks in advance.
    Steve

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Scart to the TV and digital coaxial to your amp will be just fine. :smashin:

The other methods are for convenience if you don't have enough inputs on your TV for the amount of equipment and a couple of other scenarios that don't seem relevant to you. :)

3. vex

vex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    Would it also be better to loop the video portion via the AV receiver to maintain the transmission delays between the audio and video portions?

ie. the video signal going staight to the tv will take a shorter time period (milli-seconds) than the digital audio going to the av receiver and then onto the speakers.

Although the time difference will be small on greater cable lenghts the delay could become more noticable.