Advice on Buying Please

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by ian-sharp, Dec 14, 2002.

1. ian-sharp

ian-sharp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm looking for a new Widescreen TV.

Is it better to buy a slightly cheaper TV and then get seperate sound or get a tv with built in quality sound.

I was looking for a 32 inch set around £800 - £1200. The TV's i'm looking at are both about £1200ish, Sony KD32DX100U or Philips 32PW9617.

As i said would it be better to buy a slightly cheaper TV and then add sound?

Ta in advance

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Separate sound is the ideal situation. There is absolutely no comparison with sound just from your TV.

It's hard to say about a cheaper TV. In general, you get what you pay for but this is not always true. Certainly you might find one TV at, say £1000, that was better than another TV at £1200. Thus, it's important to get demos of the various TVs you're considering and see what TVs deliver the images you like best.

I would personally buy the TV with the best picture and (useful!) features. If this TV turned out to cost less than the other TVs I was considering then so what! But I wouldn't skimp on the TV just to make room for the amp/speakers, because you'll be looking at it for an awful long time!

If the TV you want means you can't buy the amp/speakers yet, you could always wait to buy the amp/speakers until you've saved up a bit more, and have TV sound until then :)

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,880
    As my mate Squirrel says go for the separate sound.

One: the sound will be better.

Two: in 5 years time when the set is gone you will have to replace both, where as if you get a separate processor it should last for years (more than 2 TV’s).

Three: Get the best TV picture for the money I feel the picture is far more important than the surround. You can save for a processor later.

What’s more if you have two things in one there is more likelihood that one will totally pack in so you have to pay for two things being replace rather than one.

4. ian-sharp

ian-sharp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ta

Any reccomendations on a good TV 32 inch 100Hz...........picture quality the priority.

£800-£1000.

5. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0