1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice on buying plasma and sound systems

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by law, May 26, 2005.

1. law

law

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

Could do with some advice, i am goingto buy a house and am looking to equip it with a plasma screen and sound system. So if someone could point me in the right direction i would appreciate it. Looking to spend around £2000 on the system, with the screen wallmounted above a fireplace(any issuses with this heat etcc) also has anyone else got this setup and how do they find it looking up to a screen insted of at eye level or below for everyday use?

The screen i was looking at is a Panasonic TH-42PWD7BS anyone got one of these and are they any good, look good value of money to me but would welcome alternatives.

Sound system i have no idea so if someone could suggest a good value money for one i would appreciate it.

I plan to connect sky,xbox,playstation 2 and maybe my pc at some point. Anybody got a similar setup and any advice? I was thinking a scart switch box which connects to the screen and then attach all devices except the pc through that. Any views on this idea good bad or how about this way.........

Any help would be most welcome

cheers
    law
    :lease: :thumbsup:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    have a read of the FAQ at the top of this forum there is a thread on exactly what you can get 42" PLasma wise with 5.1 sound system for £2k

3. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    look at my set up below....within your budget......tho you don't mention a dvd player?

4. law

law

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers for that lads looked at the faq pointing me in the right direction. Yeah i already have a dvd player (forgot to mention that hohoh),don`t think i`ll get a recordable job i don`t watch enough TV to warrent it.