• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Advice on buying a Wireless Router.....

daveaka

Ive been thinking about buying a Wireless Router for a while now. At the moment i have a speedtouch 330 USB modem and allthough it has been fine up untill now, i now want to be able to connect to xbox live and i dont want a load of cables trailing in the living room, so my question is, Can anyone reccommend a wireless router for my PC which is quite hassle free when wanting to connect to xbox live... Ive got a few names, anyone had experience of these routers ?

D-Link DSL-G604T 54Mbps ADSL Wireless Router £ 40.69 ex VAT

Netgear DG834G 54Mbps Wireless ADSL Router & Firewall £ 54.93 ex VAT

DLINK DGL-4300 108MBPS WIRELESS AND GIGABIT ROUTER £ 46.99 ex VAT

http://hardware.teamxbox.com/articles/xbox/1044/DLink-Wireless-108G-Gaming-Router-Review/p1/

daveaka said:
Ive been thinking about buying a Wireless Router for a while now. At the moment i have a speedtouch 330 USB modem and allthough it has been fine up untill now, i now want to be able to connect to xbox live and i dont want a load of cables trailing in the living room, so my question is, Can anyone reccommend a wireless router for my PC which is quite hassle free when wanting to connect to xbox live... Ive got a few names, anyone had experience of these routers ?

D-Link DSL-G604T 54Mbps ADSL Wireless Router £ 40.69 ex VAT

Netgear DG834G 54Mbps Wireless ADSL Router & Firewall £ 54.93 ex VAT

DLINK DGL-4300 108MBPS WIRELESS AND GIGABIT ROUTER £ 46.99 ex VAT

http://hardware.teamxbox.com/articles/xbox/1044/DLink-Wireless-108G-Gaming-Router-Review/p1/

Get the Netgear! Cannot stress enough how awesome and easy to use it is! I know many many gamers on Xbox Live especially that either have it or end up getting one.

I highly recommend it :thumbsup:

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Another vote for the Netgear - it's the modem I am using and has performed flawlessly both for internet access (including PC gaming and XBL) and acting as a router (PC to Xbox 360). That said I have no experience with the others so they might be just as good.

Thorien

I suggest the netgear also! Great piece of kit, and easy setup and configure etc..

Moogle

Distinguished Member
SuperSaiyan4 said:
Get the Netgear! Cannot stress enough how awesome and easy to use it is! I know many many gamers on Xbox Live especially that either have it or end up getting one.

I highly recommend it :thumbsup:

I never thought I'd see the day but for once I actually have to agree with you. ;)

Singh400

Distinguished Member
You can get the Netgear DG834G here for £63.99 including VAT.

I was gonna pick one of these up, but plans changed when I got my BT Home Hub. I still might pick one up.

daveaka

Thanks for the advice, I decided to go for the Netgear, so i placed an order and it should be here in a couple days. I dont want any modem cables trailing from my bt socket to my PC so will i need to get a wireless netword adaptor my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-K8V Ultra-939 , if so can anyone reccommend a resonably priced network adaptor that will work well with the
Netgear DG834G...Cheers

Singh400 said:
You can get the Netgear DG834G here for £63.99 including VAT.

I was gonna pick one of these up, but plans changed when I got my BT Home Hub. I still might pick one up.

Good you linked him to the newer small white one, other sites still have the cheek to sell the huge grey one!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom