Advice on buying a projector scree

Paul J Morgan

Standard Member
I have just taken delivery of a brand new Optoma HP25e, this is my first projector so I'm not really upto speed on what screen to get.

I'm looking at a 106" with a budget of £300, what is the best screen I can get at this price and where can I get it?

I will be mounting the screen on the wall above my 50" plasma so I need the screen to clear the front of the plasma when lowered, what is the best way of doing this?

Any advice is appreciated.

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
Do you know which way your joists run? If the right way you could have an electric screen mounted in the ceiling just forward of your TV. If not it would have to hang on the ceiling in the same position.

johndeere2013

I have done exactly the same. I have joist in exactly the right place that the screen drops just in front of tv. If you don't have joist I recommend using snap toggle bolts direct in plasterboard ceiling. Good luck.

Paul J Morgan

Standard Member
I'm not too concerned about the joists, I will hang the screen off the plasterboard using spring toggle fixings, I'm more interested in what screen to get within my budget, there are so many available ranging from £80 on eBay upwards. Thanks for the advice guys.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom