1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice on buyine mobile phones from ebay

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by 7 of 9, Jun 22, 2005.

1. 7 of 9

7 of 9
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am new to ebay and have just signed up.

can i plese give please me some advice on buying mobile phones from ebay, so i don't get stolen phones or taken pictures from websites or anything else etc.

thanks from 7 of 9

2. jenic

jenic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    Make sure that the phone is not locked in any way except network locked. Look for genuine pictures with a table or carpet etc in the picture. Check feedback and look at his recently sold items, if they have some good feedback from previous phone sales then they seem genuine.

3. monkeynuts

monkeynuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Also what i have noticed recently, some people are stealing other peoples "genuine" looking photos!

Have a check of completed items to see if the pictures look suspicious!

Like Ipod crazy said, look for good feedback and always check what else they have been buying and selling to get a better idea of the seller (same with any item)

Also if it looks a bit dodgy or too good a deal then it probably is, there aren't many great bargains on ebay. If you spend a week or so seeing what sells and for how much and search through "completed items" you will be very clued up as to the going rate and if the one your interested is worth it or not!

Oh, one more thing, beware of being stung for postage!

Sorry for the long reply, but hope it helps!

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    My advice on mobile phones is the same as my advice on everything else on Ebay - check the seller's feedback rating. Make sure that the seller doesn't have a high ratio of unfavourable comments. Avoid new sellers with feedback of 5 or less, that seem to be offering impossible bargains. If something appears too good to be true, it invariably is.