advice on building dedicated cinema room

T

the newcomer

Hello :hiya:Please help

I'm totally new to home cinema and i want to build a dedicated room at the bottom of my garden 16ft x 13ft, a few people have said that i can get away with build it out of thick ply/chip wood with insulation between the two. Is this true?

hi that's the same as me apart from mines it bit smaller.
thinking of building it like a shed a solid base with the 6 by 2 floor joists, with the walls 4 by 2 with a window and a solid door. then t&g on the outside with a slanted roof instead of a pitched roof as i think it will be cheaper my way.
then insulation inside 2 layers of plasterboard the electrics a bit of carpet then your good to go

try this website www.avsforum.com they build a lot of timber houses and there used for homecinema, so let us no the outcome and dont forget the pics:thumbsup:

londoncruiser

Standard Member
Hi, and welcome. One thing to ask yourself, would you really feel comfortable with putting all the gorgoeus home cinema equipment in a wooden shed? Think about the security issue. Im a general builder, I would get this done properly if I were you. You only need a small design, some electrical power cable, concrete, bricks and mortar, door and windows, a roof, plasterboard and cables inside to do it. It would be worth it in the end. Design a theme as well for the interior depending on what your into, maybe sci-fi or fantasy (stop it). Hope you catch my drift.

inzaman

Hello :hiya:Please help

I'm totally new to home cinema and i want to build a dedicated room at the bottom of my garden 16ft x 13ft, a few people have said that i can get away with build it out of thick ply/chip wood with insulation between the two. Is this true?

Hi, welcome to the forums have a look at this great thread out to see what can be done :cool:

dbs2

Banned
Hi, welcome to the forums have a look at this great thread out to see what can be done :cool:

That's a great looking Cinema Shed, not seen that one before - Nice link inzaman :smashin:......

:hiya: Newcomer...... Mainland UK Climate and Theives are rather big considerations though, i suppose it depends where abouts you live, neiboughhood, innercity or in the middle of knowhere ???

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom