1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on biamping please

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by derekn, Mar 19, 2005.

1. derekn

derekn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    One of the possible uses of my new amp is to biamp my front speakers. With my old Audiolabs it was easy with their Input and Load Terminals.

The TAG only has an Input terminal - is it ok to put a splitter on it and run the signal in and out of the same terminal? Even onto another module on the same amp?

It works ok with subs, but that's just LF. I wonder if splitting the signal from the AV32 will degrade it and thus defeat the object of the experiment.

Does anyone know/has anyone tried this?

Thanks,

Derek

2. AMCross

AMCross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
  3. Miron

Miron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
  4. derekn

derekn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Thanks Miron and AMCross. I did contribute to that thread - my experience with subwoofers. It's just that yesterday I went into my local Sevenoaks to see if they sold splitters; the guy asked me what I wanted it for and, when I told him, he said that splitting the signal would have an adverse effect :confused:. I'm not sure he is right and would welcome other options/opinions/experience before I buy the bits and try it.

Thanks,

Derek

5. AMCross

AMCross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    Sorry toooo much alcohol yesterday after the rugby :rotfl: :rotfl:

but seriously i would run the cable to the amp and on the amp input use a splitter the type sold in maplins ( y configuaration) and then onto the bi amp module

i really cannot see any problems i used them all the time years ago in nightclub power amp installations

6. eisenach

eisenach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    My amp arrived on Friday. I'd found a rather nice looking splitter on the web from a shop in Germany. (I can't get the link to work, but put "rca splitter" into Google images and pick the prettiest one! Maier Audio were very quick to send after I enclose 15€ cash)
    I run the main feed to the splitter in the r/l amp inputs and feed it on to the adjacent modules. It seems to work fine.

By the way, being somewhat impatient and not expecting such a fast return from Germany, I bought some splitters from my local HiFi shop. They're very similar to the ones from Germany, if not quite as pretty! Cheaper too!