Advice on best & cheapest 32" LCD with PIP for gaming...

Dave E

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all

Not up on LCD's at all I'm afraid... have always been a Plasma man for TV, however I require a 32" LCD for gaming... PS3 and PC. Struggling to find available info on PIP.

Would love to have PIP so I can watch TV in the corner, mainly for footy matches. Would have to be able to take a PIP input whilst in HMDI or VGA mode from an AV or RF input... preferably RF so I can run my Sky+ into it with a sky-eye.

Obviously looking to go as cheap as possible. I realise no £300 LCD's are going to have PIP, but is it available on any around the £400-£450 mark?

Can't go bigger than 32" unfortunately, but would consider a 26" if the price was worth the drop, but it doesn't seem to be from what I can tell.

Cheers in advance.

Dave
:)

Here is a few samsung's to think about:

On a budget
Samsung LE32R87BD: Perfect if you are on a budget - but no 1080HD or PIP:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LE32R87BD-Widescreen-Ready-LCD/dp/B000O14EWA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1208558313&sr=1-1

Mid-Range
Samsung LE32M87: Just a newer model of the first, not sure what more it gives you though:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LE32M87-Widescreen-Ready-Freeview/dp/B000SPHWIA/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1208557541&sr=1-17

Expensive
Samsung LE32A559P: More expensive but with 1080HD and PIP

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LE32A559P-Widescreen-1080P-Freeview/dp/B0015C58RW/ref=sr_1_41?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1208557826&sr=1-41

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Here is a few samsung's to think about:

On a budget
Samsung LE32R87BD: Perfect if you are on a budget - but no 1080HD or PIP:
From the LE32R87BD manual
Viewing the Picture In Picture (PIP)

You can display a sub picture within the main picture of set
programme or video input. In this way, you can watch the
picture of set programme or video input from any connected
equipment while watching the main picture.

Curly

Thanks all.

If any owner can confirm what Curly says, then I think thats sorted, as it was the one I was leaning towards, but could find no reference to PIP.

Cheers

Dave :)

I can also confirm with Curly (another R88 owner :hiya:) that it has PIP.

Either a little window, 50/50 full screen or 50/50 with black bars on top and bottom.

Another that you should look into is the s3000 which is just 425! Its, in my opinion, much better than the samsung. I cant remember what shop had it for that price but it is on my site so you could look there.

Whats the Samsung R88 like with blu ray ?

Another that you should look into is the s3000 which is just 425! Its, in my opinion, much better than the samsung. I cant remember what shop had it for that price but it is on my site so you could look there.

I thought that one wasn't PIP...???

Also, there has been 2 models mentioned here... the R87 and R88... I presume they both have PIP...

Samsung is definately looking fav at the mo :)

Thanks...

I thought that one wasn't PIP...???

Also, there has been 2 models mentioned here... the R87 and R88... I presume they both have PIP...

Samsung is definately looking fav at the mo :)

Thanks...

Not sure if S3000 has PIP, but R88 and R87 are the exact same tv, just cosmetically different, so yes, they both have PIP.

The Sony S3000 is lookin like a good tv, alot of ppl are recommendin it, but is it wise to buy a telly now? or to wait till end of month/1st week of may when new ones are out? as i could easily go out tomora n get one but dnt wanna regret it. would use telly mainly for standard freeview and ps3.

how does the sony deal with motion blur/graininess?

better then all the similiar priced lcds i have seen :smashin: and u could wait just to see if the price will down but it might not

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom