1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on an LCD for the bedroom

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Lameway, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Lameway

Lameway
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys and girls - it's my first time on the forum so be gentle with me!

At the moment I've got a Hitachi 28" CRT TV in my bedroom - it's used mainly for playing a few Xbox/PS2/DC/GC games and watching DVDs through a Sony DAV S550 system.

The main problem I have is the thing is so damn big it's taking up most of the room (the room is only about 10' x 8') and I need an LCD to replace it. What would any of you suggest?

I've been looking around and although I started looking at 17" screens (mainly the Philips) I've come to the conclusion that that just own't be big enough for some games, and movies I feel would look very small compared to the 28" size i'm used to - I know I'll get used to it in the end, but I feel that 17" would just be too restrictive.

So, i've decided around the 22" size seems best (or is it?) and the screens I've seen that I like are the Sharp S22V2E, the Samsung LW22A13W and the Philips 23PF9945. My budget is around the £1200 mark (plus I'll pay a bit more if needs be for new scart cables, but I'd prefer not too!).

I was hoping to make use of the component outs on my DAV but I can't seem to find any screens that a highly rated in my price range and with component connections - have I missed any?

Sorry for the long winded essay, but any help would be gratefully appreciated!

2. Lameway

Lameway
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can no one give me any advice?

I'd prefer to ask people who've used the equipment, otherwise I'll just buying blind out of What Video & TV!

:confused: