Advice on Amateur Studio setup

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by chrisebabey, Aug 24, 2006.

1. chrisebabey

chrisebabey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm looking for advice on Lighting / Backdrops for some Amateur Studio work. Its for Baby and Animal Portriats, i'm guessing i would need 2 good daylight lights and a neutral backdrop. If anyone has a simular setup and can point me in the right direction i would be most grateful.

My Kit is a Nikon D50 with the kit lense of a D70 (18-70)

C/B

2. redmax

redmax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    I purchased some Elinchrom studio flash heads and use colorama paper which comes in a zillion colours depending on what mood you want to convey.

I dont know what you mean by daylight lights but if your referring to the old tungsten daylight heads I think they are not so widely used anymore in studios.

Flash is the way to go IMHO because it is temperature stable and very little heat.
    The D-Lite 2 are digital so are adjustable to 1/10 of a stop on a 5 stop range. Thats about as goods as it gets even for the pro stuff which works over a 6 stop range

Beware cheap Chnese imports on fleabay etc.

I got mine here

Old thread posted here

Hope this helps

3. chrisebabey

chrisebabey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thankyou redmax, you've pointed me in the direction i need to go. Why isn't anything to do with camera's simple? :boring: