Advice on a sub required pls.

T

tukky

Hi,

I have a Yamaha rxv592rds which I am about to upgrade to either a Marantz sr5300 or a Yamaha rxv630.

I have a pair of mission 701's for fronts, 700's for Rears and a 70c2 for a centre.

The question is what is the best Sub to buy to go with the missions?

Do i have to buy a mission sub?

I dont have loads of room and cannot accomodate a large sub.

Any advice would be helpful

Cheers

Neil

my budget would be up to 300 but there are alot of subs around in this price bkt

Do you go for frequency response.

Originally posted by Tejpal
Everything depends on your budget...

Tonal matching of the main speakers is important but it doesn't matter with subwoofers and any make will do.

As a matter of interest, seeing as you have said that you don't have room for a large sub I would be interested to see what Tejpal would have recommended for a budget of £1,000 in accordance with his answer.

The MJ Acoustics Pro 50 would seem to be the best of the compact subs but a Velodyne is available in the same price range which will go deeper but is slightly larger.

IMHO the MJ 50 is a better sub than the Quake but as I said before there are even better subs for the money that are slightly larger.

The REL Quake has had a bit of a rough time in the reviews I have read, IMO I think you can get much better for the same money if not less.

If you are interested in the REL models then you also have a look at the forum classifieds from time to time, the odd one or two have popped up in the past weeks due to a few members upgrading to velodyne subs in the Power Buy Forums, could pick up a bargin. ;)

I'm sure you could squeeze a CHT-10 or even the CHT-15 in somewhere. :)

Thanks guys

Where can i get a breakdown of the velodynes - ie size performance etc

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom