Advice on a sound solution

iancandler

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have just got myself a Sony KDL32W5710 TV and am disappointed with the sound on it.
Try as I might I cant get voices to sound clear.

My problem is that I am deaf in the upper midranges (to many years next to guitar rigs and bass bins) so need to boost the midrange in order to hear properly.

I don't want surround sound but had been looking at sound bars as a possible solution, mainly the TX101 etc, mainly around the cheaper end of the market.

I did toy with the idea of using a hifi amp and graphic eq connected to a single centre speaker, but the soundbar looks a neater solution.

I should say its in a small room as I am bedbound these days, the speaker would be approx 8 - 10ft away from me

Not sure how easy it is to eq the sound from a soundbar. I feel your best option would be a stereo amp and pair of speakers. Can then easily boost the frequencies you have trouble hearing.

I agree 2 channel amp and set of speakers:thumbsup:

Thinking about it I have my studio monitors in the lounge, theyre active and have an optical input, I might give them a try.
Theyre magnetically shielded as well so I could try putting them end to end on a shelf under the tv and switch them to mono mode.

Luckily I managed to hang on and think things through a bit.
I rarely have money to buy anything due to being bedbound and disabled so when I sell something I have to make sure I use that money wisely.

I think my ideal solution is a Nad C715 DAB micro system and a pair of Tannoy HTS200 speakers.

These should partner well, will give me the sound flexibility I am looking for and at long last let me have a decent sound system in here as I just dont have room for my arcam and mission set up in here.

NAD_C715_front_angle_1400.jpg

tannoyhts_fstand_spkr.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom