• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

advice on a reciever that sounds good with cds aswell as dvds

moodycow

Standard Member
money is tight after christmas but im desperate for a receiver that will sound good for my music as well as for watching movies.i have sky hd and panasonic th42px70.my lounge isnt large and would like to get extra space by getting rid of my stereo and using just a receiver.max price £450 for receiver and speakers.i could always update in the future.thank you for any advice:lease:

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Cambridge Audio 540R V2 is only £150 at Richer Sounds if you get hold of the VIP voucher code (do a search on here) and is widely regarded to be a very accomplished receiver with music. How good it sounds with music, of course would depend on which speakers and source (CD player, DVD player, mp3) you use. A second hand Arcam might also worth a look.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom