1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice on a possible av/speaker setup

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by kjab3068, May 17, 2003.

1. kjab3068

kjab3068

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I am thinking of getting a NAD T741 AV amp and a pioneer 636 DVD player, and would like some advice on speakers/compatability (sound-wise) with the above av kit.

I currently have some B&W 602.5's and am pretty much set on an LCR60 center but am not sure as to the remaining pair of speakers. The options are (i guess, i'm not too clued up things);

pair of 601's for the back (although they are the same speaker as in the 602.5, right?)

pair of 600's for the back

move the 602.5's to the back and get some other front speakers, and possibilities? I think that 602's would probably be too big for my current place...

Any tips/advice on how the different speaker combos will sound with the AV kit?

Cheers

Neil

2. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi Kjab3068
    I use mission m7ds with my monitor audio speakers and they sound great so long as you have the front three speakers matching i dont think it matters in av that the back dont match but with other formats ie sacd and dvda it would be best to have the same all round imo.
    Gonzo.

3. kjab3068

kjab3068

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    ok, any advice re the av reciever/dvd combo? would a sony s700 be better?