advice on a panel display

Bangalore

Established Member
Reaction score
got a strange problem.

just had my office done out at work (mission 5.1). got 1300 out of my budget left over to get a panel (doesn't need to be a telly). it has to be hd ready as it's going to be used for work as well as pleasure ,have a pc input, perferably 37-42" and be wall or ceiling mountable.

any advice? I know nothing about panels but don't want to be spanked.

Hitachi have been making 1024 x 1024 res screens using their ALiS technology now for several years, but the earlier models aren't 'HD ready' (someone with more tech knowledge than me can explain why!). I had an early flagship Hitachi, the 3000E, and was very happy with it.

If you stretched the budget a bit, you could get the Hitachi 42PD7200 - also 1024 x 1024, but a much more 'contemporary' model, and thus properly HD Ready - from EmpireDirect.co.uk for £1481.63 (+£30 delivery). This screen has a fairly large following on the forums.

ALIS are a bad idea for 3D modelling as you CANT get pixel to pixel mapping pioneer 43MXE1 which RS had the last of at £1300 would be perfect for your proposed application the Pio MXE are the best for PC use graphically but are prone to screen burn more so than panny and ALIS panels the best panny for the Application is the 42PHD8 but cheapest i have heard of is £1600 imported from germany, I am quoting retail price ie inc VAT so if your looking at £1300 + VAT you have alot more choice.......

sam_roberts30 said:
Whats the deal with only looking at RS and non eof those are IMO going to be right for your application THIS one IS tho http://ws1.kelkoo.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=PION-PDP43MXE1

Skimp £99 at your peril.......Its not worth it for this type of application

the reason behind only looking at rs is simple, the proxy server limits the sites we can look at.

where does the pio fall short of been hd?

it is high res and has dvi

Probalby doesn't support HDCP - not really relevant for your requirement

choddo2006 said:
Probalby doesn't support HDCP - not really relevant for your requirement
correct no HDCP support so it isnt "HD ready" (A TV connection spec) but it is perfect for your application native res at 50 and 60HZ so easy 1:1 pixel mapping with a PC and the top choice for pro GFX plasma display feed it DVi-D from a nice powerful PC for 3D imaging and its superb there is an optional video board that will allow conection of a freeview box and DVD player which i think is extra to the RS price but shop around for a deal on one

thanks guys. appreciate the help.

hornydragon. i checked out the pio and demo'd it last night....very impressed. i am taking another look tonight and if it impresses me as much as last nite i will buy it. as for the input board, the guy at the store said he will include it in the price. all been well i have a screen for work.

bosshog. thanks that site was a big help. works a treat.

sam r

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom