1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on a LG MZ-42PZ14

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by rscott4563, Feb 21, 2004.

1. rscott4563

rscott4563
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Really quick question, my friend has bought blind a cheap LG plasma the 42" PZ14, they got a really good deal, but I still warned them against buying cheap and blind, but anyway its done now and they've asked me to sort them out with the cables and dvd player they'll need.

So first thing, does the MZ-42PZ14 accept Pal progressive 576p/625p input, the datasheet says it does however the manual only mentions 480p?

Whats the general view of this plasma, is it any good or has my friend made a big mistake?

I've told them to get the tuner box as the plasma seems to be lacking inputs and I've read the plasma wont accept a converted RGB signal into its VGA port, the tuner box comes with 2 scart, 1 s-video, composite, component and vga inputs and seems perfect for my friend, who has no amp for switching and just wants a television and to connect sky, dvd and a ps2, does this seem right?

Cheers

Ryan :smashin: