Advice on a Cheap Security Camera

T4K Shadow

Novice Member
Hi everyone!

New here and hoping to pick your brains. Basically me and my family are wanting to invest in a single camera to monitor the cars at the front of the house. I would prefer HD and hoping to not spend more than £150.

I'm completely useless with this and we want it to record maybe for a full day then wipe over it the next. Is this what a DVR (though I don't know what it is) is for?

Many thanks!

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member

jhunt

Standard Member
Then there is a question of cost. I still have my online account with eyespy247 but only use that as a backup. As soon as you need to store/archive recordings for any length of time you have to be prepared to pay for extra online services.

Remember the HomeMonitor cloud recording is completely free though, so cost is not an issue, and once setup, you never need to worry about a DVR/microSD/or whatever filling up, and you losing recordings.

jhunt

Standard Member
Yep 7 days unlimited. The NAS/microSD stuff isn't there to make sure its as easy to use as possible, users never need to worry about IP addresses or recording. (plus you have to buy microSDs and NAS drives too, so also not free!)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom