Question Advice on a 4k TV with HDR (50"~ £1000~)

MFKaine

Novice Member
Reaction score
If anyone could point me in the right direction. Recently decided its time to update my existing TV to something that is around 50". I am also going to buy the Xbox One X at some point so I want one that has 4k and the HDR. Been out of the TV scene for a while so I am basically starting from scratch with my knowledge.

Any suggestions on models to consider (even if they do not quite meet the size or price requirements - I am flexible as I will not be buying one until later in the year) or any other things I should look out for, I need to do a bit of research on HDR still at the moment as I know just having HDR doesn't mean it's suitable for my needs.

At 50" the only real option right now is the Sony 49XE9005. If you can go bigger you might find that TV at 55" closer to £1000 later on.

The serious reductions start on black Friday and get their cheapest in spring before new models are announced/released.

Only alternative Samsung 49Q7, if it comes down in price lower than the Sony it may be a better buy but currently its very overpriced.

You could also consider refurbs from the Sony centre and you might be able to get the more impressive 55XE9305 and/or the Panasonic 58DX902 which we sometimes see on Panasonic's refurb store on eBay. Both better TVs in particular with HDR.

Thanks a lot, I can go up to 55" so I will look into all of those TV's and hopefully by black friday I am ready to make a decision.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom