Advice on 7.5-10m HDMI cable

boulders

Hi All,

Just wondering what is a good 7.5-10m hdmi cable, it will be used to connect an xbox elite and ps3 to a projector.

At the moment the PJ I have isn't 1080p but I would like the cable to support this.

I'd ideally like to not spend more than £100 but have more if need be.

Any suggestions?

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
Qed Quinex were voted best 7m and 10m HDMI cables in What Hifi S&V 2006 awards.

I have the 7m version bought it for £70 from Play.com and I cant fault it.

cybrey

Also recommend the QED ones, I have a 10m which has never let me down. I also a 10m Van Damme which was a bit cheaper and again is really good.

JohnWH

Or you could save a little money and import from www.bluejeanscables.com, 25ft series 2cable is $52 (Series 1 cable is more expensive but is only needed for longer runs) so probably ~£35-£40 with postage, price is low enough that there should be no duty or VAT to pay.

John.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor

JohnWH

Hello boulderburn

Some folk will advise that pretty much any cable ought to work for you - others who have come across problems with various cables will tell you to go with a known entity.

Certainly should be no problems in the case of the bluejeanscables product which they have tested to 1080p/60Hz (S2 will do this at 15m apparently, S1 32m)...

John.

mossym

Distinguished Member
Or you could save a little money and import from www.bluejeanscables.com, 25ft series 2cable is $52 (Series 1 cable is more expensive but is only needed for longer runs) so probably ~£35-£40 with postage, price is low enough that there should be no duty or VAT to pay.

John.

have a 12m one of these running for my projector, handles 1080p without a problem, well recommended

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom